Update on Hurricane Irma from the Hanson's Landing Board of Directors
September 24, 2017
- Cleanup continues around the property.
- Several owners have reported some water damage in the unit.
- The two Banyan trees on Cove Road (near the kayaks and at the park) were hit hard and have been heavily trimmed.
- The bushes and trees along Cove Road and behind the tennis courts have been trimmed way back.
- A couple of trees behind building 6 have had to have damaged limbs taken out.
- The new fence that was installed on our property near the park will have to be rebuilt. The tide and branches in the water toppled it over.
- All palm trees are now being trimmed per our contract.
- Several rubbish doors will need to have panels replaced.
- The two broken storm water pipes (not from storm) have been repaired by Sunshine.
- Venture construction is back on site moving forward with our 2015 hail storm claim. We expect insurance adjusters to follow in a week or so. They had been through 5 buildings before the storm hit.
The damage could have been much worse if the storm took a different path. We do not expect that there will be enough damage and expenses to place a hurricane claim at this time. We will stay in touch with our insurance agent RV Johnson as we complete the cleanup.
Chuck Morgan (Hanson’s Landing Director) who lives in Building 8 and stayed through the storm and captured some video from his porch at the height of the storm. Click HERE to take a look at Irma's impact.
Winter Owners/Storm Checklist
Click HERE to review the updated checklist for winter owners, and for owners who choose to leave for a storm. Thanks to Pat Morgan and Madeline Olney for their inputs. This document can also be found on the Miscellaneous page of the website.
After several owner questions, the Board asked our insurance agent to help owners understand what the association carries for insurance and what insurance owners may consider carrying on their own. Rudy Johnson owner at RV Johnson provided an overview of this information HERE. This document can also be found on the Miscellaneous page of the website.